Sunday, April 6, 2008

Shirt for Sean

This weekend, I made a little shirt for Sean. I had extra fabric left over from last weekend's Lezette Thomason workshop (the red/white check from the lining) and we all know that Sean's favorite color is red ... what else was there to do?






I used Kwik Sew #1971, size 5. I picked up the discontinued pattern at the Waterfront Mission for a quarter - what a deal! I pretty much stuck with the pattern, except for topstitching. I didn't do any topstitching on the collar or yoke - that seems so outdated. I also didn't have any 1/2 inch buttons, so used 9/16. They're too big. I'd say even smaller than a half-inch would have been better. Oh well, it's done.

So, now big brother and little sister have matching outfits.




I hope Sean likes his new shirt ... I still want to get a red t-shirt to go under it. Maybe I'll put an Alabama A on it --- just to irritate Justin :-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Big buttons are good, he is learning to button his own shirts so the bigger the better. Can't wait to see you.