Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Easter Dress













I am happy with the way Katherine's Easter dress turned out. Originally, the collar was supposed to be attached, but the embroidery caused some puckering that I wasn't happy with. so, while I thought on that, I decided to finish the dress, and do a detatchable collar. After all, Katherine is teething, so maybe a detatchable / reversible collar is not such a bad idea!

The pattern I used was Simplicity 7846 in size 1, but Sarah said it was a little big. I am pretty sure I used size 1/2 when I did the handkerchief dress last fall, so Katherine must just be in-between sizes.

Anyway, back to the collar ... the pattern did not call for a detattachable collar, so it did take a little finnessing to get it to work, but the end result looked pretty good. I did an extra deep hem, just because I could :-) and really like the way it hangs.

Next project is the Sweet Juicy Apple dress this weekend. I'm going to a class in Lockport LA taught by Lizette Thompson, who I'm told is a deisgner with the Children's Corner line of patterns. I'm excited ... haven't been to a sewing class ever!
That's it for now --- until next time, happy stitchin'

No comments: